Project Respect is providing support services to women remotely including:
- Case-coordination including referrals to agencies which can support women’s needs;
- Emotional support and counselling;
- Anonymous information and referrals for women not wishing to disclose their identity;
- Advocacy for the rights of women in the industry and women trafficked, including bringing an awareness to the issues they are facing in this unprecedented climate; and
- Secondary consultations for other agencies providing support to women with experience of the industry.
We have ceased the following programs:
- Outreach to licensed brothels
- Community lunch program
- Gardening program
- Community sector capacity-building training
- Speaker events
We have ensured the safety and well-being of our staff by suspending our outreach program to licensed brothels 4 weeks ago and, our community engagement programs such as the community lunch and community gardening programs and our scheduled capacity-building training initiatives.
We’ve implemented working from home, and like everyone, are working hard as a team to stay connected and support each other in these difficult times.
In light of suspending our outreach program, we continue to connect with women via online platforms and initiatives.
If you are a woman seeking support, then please contact us on 0477 001 110 and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Project Respect is not a crisis response service, and it may take a few days for us to get back to you.
If it is an emergency, please contact Police on 000.
If you are impacted by violence, then please contact 1800 RESPECT which is a 24 hour telephone-based support service.