As of Midnight Tuesday the 27th of July, Victoria's lockdown is being lifted but restrictions are still in place.
For women currently in the sex industry, the following conditions will apply to SOPVs brothels, and Sexually explicit entertainment venues:
- Venue cap 100 (excluding workers)
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqmo
- COVID Check-In MarshalSmall Owner - Operator (Exempt Sex Work Service Provider) and private sexually explicit entertainers are also able to operate under the new restrictions.
Project Respect's support is still available throughout all stages of lockdown and COVID-19 safe settings and all of Project Respect's services adhere to the Victorian Government's COVID-19 safe settings.
- Case-coordination including referrals to agencies that can support women’s needs;
- Emotional support and counselling;
- Anonymous information and referrals for women not wishing to disclose their identity;
- Advocacy for the rights of women in the industry and women who have experienced trafficking, including bringing an awareness to the issues they are facing in this unprecedented climate; and
- Secondary consultations for other agencies providing support to women with experience of the industry.
If you are a woman seeking support, then please contact us on 0477 001 110 and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Project Respect is not a crisis response service, and it may take a few days for us to get back to you.
If it is an emergency, please contact Police on 000.
If you are impacted by violence, then please contact 1800 RESPECT which is a 24 hour telephone-based support service.