Project Respect is an intersectional feminist, non faith based organisation. We are a specialised support service and peer community for women with experience in the sex industry, including those who have experienced trafficking.
What We Do
We provide one-on-one strengths based support to women to access essential services, undertake outreach to licensed brothels, assist women to build connections within their community, invest in research and evidence-based advocacy for women’s rights, and deliver evidence-based workforce development training to empower community service providers to better support women in the sex industry, including those who have experienced trafficking.
Project Respect’s Vision is a world where women are free from trafficking, sexual exploitation, violence and harm.
Project Respect’s primary mission is to support women in the sex industry, including women who have experienced trafficking and advocate for the structural change needed to end all forms of sexual exploitation.
We provide a platform to elevate and amplify the voices of, while also being informed and guided by, women with past and present lived experience.
- We are an intersectional feminist organisation, with all advocacy, support and programs embodying a feminist philosophy.
- We position trafficking and sexual exploitation as a global, gendered and structural issue.
- Our work is women-centred, collaborative, inclusive and respectful of women’s decisions.
- Our strong evidence-based supports proactive and courageous work to advance human rights for women.
- Project Respect Annual Report 2019/2020
- Project Respect Annual Report 2018/2019
- Project Respect Annual Report 2017/2018
- Project Respect Annual Report 2016/2017
- Project Respect Annual Report 2015/2016
- Project Respect Annual Report 2014/2015
- Highly commended in the 2020 Victorian Multicultural Awards for Excellence in the Community Innovation Category
- Finalist 2015 Australian Human Rights Commission Tony Fitzgerald Memorial Community Award
- Proud winner of the 2013 Hesta Community Services (Social Impact) Award
- Highly commended in the 2012 Australian Government National Homelessness Services Achievement Awards (Excellence in Supporting Pathways to Employment or Education)
- Proud winner of the 2011 Our Community Kookaburra Award (Community Group)
- Recipient of Inaugural Anti-Slavery Australia Freedom Award 2011 (Organisation Contribution)